|Alternate Job Title||Instrument Person|
|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Division||Florida Transportation EMP|
|Office||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida|
DutiesThis person will assist the Crew Chief with the day to day operations of collecting survey data.
• Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, theodolites, levels, GPS, and electronic distance-measuring equipment
• Assists in operating all survey equipment including: Total Station, GPS Data collector (knowledge/experience operating TDS Survey Pro, Trimble GPS, and FDOT EFB software is a plus).
• Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using source maps, previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
Experience1-4 Years of Survey Instrument Person Experience- Florida experience is a plus.
Skills• Use of hand tools (hammer, machete, ax, chainsaw, etc.)
• Punctual and reliable
• Basic knowledge of electronic devices
• Attention to detail; take direction
• Perform duties in an outdoor environment in various field settings (rural, urban, highways)
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referred• High School Diploma or GED required
• Valid Florida driver’s license
Other• Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.