|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Division||Power South Atl Emp|
|Office||Charlotte, North carolina|
|Position Location||Charlotte, NC|
Experience• Prepare electrical distribution design packages for various types of maintenance, reliability, and load relief projects for major, investor-owned electric utilities throughout the Mid-Atlantic in a safe and cost efficient manner.
• Adhere to both the clients’ and KCI Technologies internal safety policies, as well as all other company procedures, initiatives, policies, and directives.
• Openly communicate with the clients and other external customers regarding revisions to the scope of work, alternate design plans, potential process improvements, as well as providing/receiving two way constructive feedback.
• Perform site surveys and job walk throughs either independently or with the client and/or external customers.
• Attend required meetings with the client as well as other agencies / municipalities / customers that are impacted by a particular project.
• Working with the permitting group to obtain various road and construction permits.
• Coordinate design options with engineering personnel and field forces prior to and during construction to resolve issues.
• Develop final design packages to implement solutions to distribution design system issues.
Duties for this position may also include:
• Develop solutions to existing clearance violations and other issues as they arise.
• Developing final design plan packages for the implementation of the proposed solution.
• Working with other team members and engineers to resolve issues that may arise during the design to achieve the best solution.
SkillsSkills required will include:
• Must possess general electrical theory principles and basic engineering concepts.
• Working knowledge of primary and secondary distribution systems.
• The ability to read utility plans and records.
• Must be able to interface in clients work management system and other design programs.
• Must possess the ability to effectively prioritize, based on the customer’s needs.
• Must possess the ability to strive in a TEAM environment.
• Must possess the ability to openly communicate at a very high level.
• Must possess strong computer skills.
• Must possess strong organizational skills.
• Must be extremely detail oriented.
• Expert Designer • SmallWorld • MyWorld • Maximo • Enable • Storms • GIS • AutoCAD
• Microstation • Pole Foreman • Microsoft Suite
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referred• B.S. in Engineering and a minimum of 2 years' experience
• Associates in Engineering and a minimum of 4 years' experience
• No Degree with a minimum of 7 years' equivalent experience
• Valid Driver’s License
Other• Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.