|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Division||Power SE Emp|
Duties• Prepare electrical distribution design packages for various types of maintenance, reliability, and load relief projects for major, investor-owned electric utilities throughout the Mid-Atlantic in a safe and cost efficient manner.
• Adhere to both the clients’ and KCI Technologies internal safety policies, as well as all other company procedures, initiatives, policies, and directives.
• Openly communicate with the clients and other external customers regarding revisions to the scope of work, alternate design plans, potential process improvements, as well as providing/receiving two way constructive feedback.
• Perform site surveys and job walk throughs either independently or with the client and/or external customers.
• Attend required meetings with the client as well as other agencies / municipalities / customers that are impacted by a particular project.
• Working with the permitting group to obtain various road and construction permits.
• Coordinate design options with engineering personnel and field forces prior to and during construction to resolve issues.
• Determine requirements to accommodate joint use with other utilities such as communication companies in accordance with NESC.
• Develop final design packages to implement solutions to distribution design system issues.
Duties for this position may also include:
• Review of plans for proposed construction to determine impacts to the existing distribution systems.
• Develop solutions to existing clearance violations and other issues as they arise.
• Developing final design plan packages for the implementation of the proposed solution.
• Review of plans for proposed construction designed by others with in the company to ensure quality prior to releasing designs back to the client.
• Aiding and guiding others through engineering issues that may arise during the design and using teamwork to achieve the best solution.
Experience• Experience in performing standard electric distributions system design for a major electric utility company.
• Work experience should include extension, improvement, relocation and removal of facilities requiring the application of published standards and calculations using computer aided designs and drafting methods in conjunction with Smallworld based GIS systems.
• Must have previous experience working in an environment which required shifting responsibilities in order to accommodate the current work load requirements.
SkillsSkills required will include:
• Familiar with NESC clearance codes as they apply to secondary voltage.
• Must possess general electrical theory principles and basic engineering concepts.
• Working knowledge of primary and secondary distribution systems.
• The ability to read utility plans and records.
• Must be able to interface in clients work management system and other design programs.
• Must possess the ability to effectively prioritize, based on the customer’s needs.
• Must possess the ability to strive in a TEAM environment.
• Must possess the ability to openly communicate at a very high level.
• Must possess strong computer skills.
• Must possess strong organizational skills.
• Must be extremely detail oriented.
• Expert Designer • SmallWorld • MyWorld • Maximo • Enable • Storms • GIS • AutoCAD
• Microstation • Pole Foreman • Microsoft Suite • NESC guidelines
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referred• B.S. in Engineering and a minimum of 3 years' experience
• Associates in Engineering and a minimum of 5 years' experience
• No Degree with a minimum of 8 years' equivalent experience
• Valid Driver’s License
Other• Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
• Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.