|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Division||TX Mech/Elec Emp|
|Position Location||Electrical Engineer|
(1) Autodesk Revit design experience of electrical power and lighting systems is a critical requirement of this position.
(2) Working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD (in addition to Revit) is preferred.
(3) Work with KCI’s electrical engineering team in the design of power distribution, lighting, data, intrusion detection, and other special systems for commercial, institutional, military, and industrial facilities.
(4) Work within the budget constraints of individual projects and tasks.
(5) Coordinate with other disciplines and assist other disciplines where appropriate.
(6) Perform other duties as directed by the Project Manager or Senior Design Staff.
ExperienceElectrical Engineer professional with 2-5 years' experience leading electrical design efforts for buildings on multi-disciplinary teams. Past project experience shall include both private sector and public (e.g., DOT's, DoD, VA, GSA) markets. Past projects shall include a variety of building occupancy types, both new construction and additions/renovations. Aside from systems design experience, the successful candidate shall be familiar with short-circuit and arc flash studies.
(1) Knowledgeable electrical power, distribution, lighting, and low voltage systems;
(2) code knowledge in prevailing industry standards (e.g., NEC, IBC, UFC) and local amendments;
(3) LEED knowledge;
(4) Working knowledge of key software for the design of complex electrical systems.
(5) AutoDesk AutoCAD and REVIT
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referredREQUIRED:
- B.S. in Architectural or Electrical Engineering;
- Ability to obtain P.E. license once qualifications are met
OtherPre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled