|Alternate Job Title||Accelerated Development Engineer|
|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Division||Trans SE Emp|
|Position Location||Houston, Dallas, or Austin Texas|
DutiesWhile in the program, accelerate development engineering members will create a solid engineering foundation with corporate leaders with skills in key transportation design areas. Individual must possess the ability to work on multiple unique assignments simultaneously, have strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills, and be self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible. On an accelerated basis the candidates roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with other staff in program to develop strong team relationship along with critical coordination and communication skills.
• Development of multiple roadway projects while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
• Create complete and accurate highway plan package including, but not limited to, horizontal and vertical geometric design, full plans production, inroads analyses and design, and erosion control plans
• Analyze and design storm drain systems
• Perform engineering computations
• Production of design calculations
• Prepare engineering studies, analyses, and reports
• Other duties assigned
ExperienceKCI is seeking a highly talented, creative and motivated recent college graduate who want to be part of the firm’s accelerated training team of innovative design professionals in the design and development of various civil engineering projects for municipal and state agencies. Our accelerated development program will enable you to build diverse skill sets and a strong foundation for a successful and fulfilling career with KCI.
SkillsExperience and competency in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD, and familiarity with AASHTO, MUTCD and other applicable GDOT standards is desirable. Inroads and 3D corridor modeling experience is desirable. An attractive and creative portfolio; Strategic thinking and strong conceptual skills; Willingness to take direction, self-motivation and drive, offer creative input, and collaborate across disciplines; A commitment to being an active participant for our corporate vision to develop talented designers in an accelerated time frame.
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referredBachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited college. EIT is desired.
OtherMust be highly self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks in an independent manner within a team atmosphere. 6 month training in Duluth, GA, but the position will be housed in Houston, Dallas, or Austin Texas. Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled. #CB