|Alternate Job Title||Geospatial Systems Analyst|
|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Division||Asset Mgmt Emp|
|Position Location||Sparks, MD|
DutiesWe are looking for a self-starter to be a part of our growing Asset Management Practice. The successful candidate will be comfortable multi-tasking to support multiple client customers in the infrastructure asset management and/or public safety sectors. You need to bring a well-rounded aptitude for technical tasks, business acumen, and professional communication. We seek team members that identify and pursue opportunities to grow themselves, the group, and the company.
A Geospatial Systems Analyst at KCI is comfortable engaging with stakeholders, the project team, and subject matter experts to identify and implement enterprise solutions for public and private clients. The candidate must possess core knowledge and skills in web, mobile, and desktop GIS. Also, as the role of GIS as a system of record grows, our analysts must be comfortable understanding how other software as a service (SaaS) and Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) systems are utilized within organizations, and how these systems need to be integrated with the GIS.
Given the nature of our work and individuals’ aptitudes, analysts at KCI may find themselves meeting with clients, documenting business process workflows, diagramming system architecture, analyzing spatial data, scripting data or system routines, implementing web maps and dashboards, or validating the team’s work through testing and documentation. As the leadership capabilities of the analyst grow, they have the opportunity to manage tasks, projects, and teams.
ExperienceThis position is for a well-rounded geospatial systems analyst that understands core GIS concepts, and a GIS’s role in the enterprise. The ability to handle a broad set of tasks, and the attention to detail to deep-dive on any one of them as needed is valued over expertise in any particular skillset. This position requires 2-5 years of progressive experience that demonstrates your ability to continuously learn and adapt.
Skills• Client-first focus that places their interests at the forefront of any effort.
• Team-oriented professional with good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task across subject matter, communication and architecture products, and stakeholder audiences.
• Technical skills in web GIS including ArcGIS Enterprise implementation and security, ArcGIS Online accounts and content configuration, and OGC standards.
• Proficient in ArcGIS desktop and enterprise geodatabases, including knowledge of version management; open source GIS experience is a plus.
• Database skills including basic configuration and management of databases (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, or Oracle) and SQL querying capabilities.
• Programming skills in Python or other high-level language for data ETL and analysis.
• Working knowledge of common Windows and Linux server management tasks.
• Experience with Mobile Devices platforms (Android and iOS) - and the configuration of COTS productivity apps from Esri (Collector, Survey123, Workforce), Cityworks, and/or GoCanvas.
• Subject matter knowledge in the principles of asset management applied to water/wastewater, transportation, or utilities.
• Or, subject matter knowledge in emergency management (fire & rescue, law enforcement, Next Generation 911, and/or asset resiliency).
• Working knowledge of common systems in asset management: Maintenance Management Systems (e.g. Cityworks), 311/CRM systems (e.g. Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics), billing systems, and/or smart meters.
• Or, working knowledge of common systems in emergency management: Computer Aided Dispatch, Incident Management, NG911 core services, and/or FirstNet.
• Cloud experience in Amazon Web Services or Azure including managing virtual networks, virtual machines, database platforms, and identity and access.
• Capabilities to leverage business intelligence suites for KPIs (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, or Operations Dashboard).
• Ability to automate infrastructure provisioning via common DevOps tools such as Chef, Docker, or AWS CloudFormation/OpsWorks.
• Basic web development (HTML/JS/CSS) skills to leverage SDKs from Esri, Microsoft, and Salesforce.
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referredBachelor’s Degree or higher in Geography (GIS), Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field. Applicable certifications (e.g. PMP, GISP, CSM, AWS, Esri, etc.) are valued but not required.
OtherPre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
Must be a U.S. Citizen