|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Division||Asset Mgmt Emp|
|Position Location||Sparks, MD|
DutiesKCI Technologies, Inc., is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. The success of the company is a tribute to the hard work and technical expertise of dedicated employee owners.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, KCI offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), ESOP, Educational Assistance, Wellness initiatives, Training course, paid holidays and leave time.
KCI is seeking full-time Engineers-in-Training (EIT), to work under licensed engineers within the Asset Management Practice. The Asset Management Practice was founded at the beginning of 2018 to bridge managing (infrastructure) assets with sound business processes and technology. Our diverse group consists of engineers, business analysts, solution architects, and GIS analysts that work together to provide predominantly municipal clients with a suite of professional services. Key services delivered by the Asset Management Practice include:
• Strategic visioning and planning
• Asset registry development
• Design, implementation and support for enterprise technology
• Risk quantification and management
• Business analytics
• Smart solutions
• Funding scenarios
Under the supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer:
• Assist in the development of risk models for linear (i.e. pipes, roadways) and vertical (i.e. treatment facilities, buildings) infrastructure
• Write Planning Documents / Asset Management Plans / Engineering Reports
• Develop cost estimates for asset replacement, renewal and rehabilitation and associated long-term funding forecasts
• Prepare technical documents and presentations
• Determine appropriate lifecycle management strategies for various asset classes
• Attend and support scheduled meetings and workshops
• Make recommendations supported by data and engineering judgement
• Apply quality control procedures in alignment with ISO
• Communicate with client(s) on a limited basis
• Provide on-time delivery of project expectations with favorable feedback
• Manage simple tasks
• Execute multiple tasks with one or more projects
• Perform field work as needed
• Communicate and coordinate with subject matter experts within KCI
Work performed for this position is predominantly performed inside of an office, but outdoor field work in hot / cold / wet weather may be required.
Experience• 3 months - 3 years of engineering experience, including internships, Co Ops, etc.
• Technical writing and oral communication
• Must be able to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials / conditions.
Skills• Knowledge of / ability to apply engineering principles and practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking to problem solving
• Ability to manage uncertainty and identify patterns when developing solutions to client problems
• Ability to travel to site/client meetings, field work, etc.
• Ability to prepare written documents with minimal oversight
• Ability to interpret engineering standards, policies, technical requirements and codes
• Ability to work effectively across multiple disciplines, including engineers, business analysts and GIS analysts
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Access/Project
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referred• B.S. Engineering (Civil, Environmental, Industrial, Mechanical or related area) from an accredited college / university OR
• B.S/B.A degree from an accredited college / university with an Engineer-in-Training certification OR
• Master’s degree in engineering
• Passed or scheduled to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
OtherPre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled