|Alternate Job Title||Project Engineer|
|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Position Location||Sparks, MD|
DutiesKCI Technologies, Inc, is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. The success of the company is a tribute to the hard work and technical expertise of dedicated employee owners.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, KCI offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), ESOP, Educational Assistance, Wellness initiatives, Training course, paid holidays and vacations.
KCI is seeking a full-time Engineer-in-Training to join our Water/Wastewater Practice in Sparks, MD.
Under the supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer:
• assist in the development of plans, quantities and cost estimates
• prepare engineering studies and coordinate design plans with other design disciplines
• perform assignments designed to develop and implement engineering applications, using standard technique, procedures and criteria to prepare engineering design work
• apply quality control procedures in alignment with ISO.
• communicate with client(s) on a limited basis
• provide on-time delivery of project expectations with favorable feedback.
ExperienceEntry level. 0-3 years of experience in the design and development of various environmental engineering (water and wastewater) projects for public and/or private clients. Project types include water and wastewater treatment, storage, pump stations, lift stations, and pipelines.
In addition, we require:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking to problem solving
• Ability to travel to site/customer visits, field work, etc
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs on an occasional basis
SkillsIntermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
AutoCAD, Microstation, REVIT or similar software training
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referredBachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an accredited college. EIT is required.
OtherAbility to drive to office and project site. Ability to climb ladders and perform field duties at construction sites.
Pre-employment drug testing is a condition of employment. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required.