|Position Type||Full Time - Temporary|
DutiesThe intern will work under the supervision of a manager within one of KCI's many Administrative functions to gain exposure to projects and daily work tasks. Summer interns will work a 40-hour week, with at least 10 weeks of work required during the period from mid-May to the mid- August.
Depending on the selected candidates’ career field, the duties may include:
• Review data as needed to analyze for quality, metrics and trends
• Provide reporting and complete data entry processes
• Develop new social media campaigns considering clients’ needs and their specific industries
• Monitor social channels for trending news, ideas and memes, then capitalize on those trends through social media accounts
• Perform research into clients’ industries and provide actionable steps for attracting new business
• Document processes working with the Admin team
• Provide support to the Help Desk and for troubleshooting technology issues
• Provide on-time delivery of project expectations with favorable feedback
• Perform various administrative or office management duties.
ExperienceThe Summer Internship will help prepare students for starting a successful career in one of the many diverse administrative areas including: Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, Finance and IT.
• Receive hands-on work experience in a variety of office environments
• Develop knowledge of KCI services, and the engineering consulting industry
• Network with a diverse group of talented individuals
• Build relationships across the company
• Identify and strengthen skills and career interests
• Attain an overview of the opportunities within KCI
Skills• Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking to problem solving
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Must have the right to work permanently in the Unites states
• Some assignments may be out of state. (Interns whose permanent address is more than 50 miles from their chosen reporting office are provided a housing stipend for the summer. Travel arrangements are covered by KCI)
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referred• Pursuing degrees in the following fields: Business, Marketing, Computer Sciences, Human Resources, Communications, Finance or related fields
• High School diploma
• Valid Driver’s license
• Cumulative GPA: 2.75 or higher
OtherKCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. The success of the company is a tribute to the hard work and technical expertise of dedicated employee owners.
All final applicants selected for this position are required to undergo a background check. An applicant who has been convicted of a criminal offense relevant to the position may be disqualified from employment. A satisfactory background check is the absence of a criminal record, which bears a demonstrable relationship to the applicant/employee’s suitability to perform the required duties and responsibilities of the position. Pre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veteran/Disabled.