|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
|Position Location||Various KCI Offices|
DutiesKCI Technologies, Inc, is a 100% employee-owned engineering, consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic growth initiatives. The success of the company is a tribute to the hard work and technical expertise of dedicated employee owners.
As a company recognized for exceptional commitment to employees, KCI offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, group life insurance, 401(k), ESOP, Educational Assistance, Wellness initiatives, Training course, paid holidays and vacations.
KCI is seeking full-time Engineers-in-Training, to participate in the KCI Rotational Engineering program.
This one year program is an introduction to the engineering consulting industry and is designed to provide new engineering graduates with a comprehensive on-boarding and training experience. The program offers the opportunity to experience different roles and responsibilities within various disciplines before being assigned to one particular group.
• Receive hands-on work in a variety of engineering disciplines
• Develop knowledge of engineering and KCI services
• Network with a diverse group of talented individuals
• Build relationships across the company
• Identify how skills and interests align with engineering disciplines
• Attain an overview of the opportunities within KCI
Under the supervision of a licensed Professional Engineer:
• assist in the development of plans, quantities and cost estimates
• prepare engineering studies and coordinate design plans with other design disciplines
• perform assignments designed to develop and implement engineering applications, using standard technique, procedures and criteria to prepare engineering design work
• apply quality control procedures in alignment with ISO.
• communicate with client(s) on a limited basis
• provide on-time delivery of project expectations with favorable feedback
The physical environment could require the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Each rotational assignment lasts for three months and varies in responsibilities. The possible rotational areas include: Resource Management, Transportation, Structures, Construction Management, Environmental, Communications Infrastructure, Utilities and Site/Facilities.
When the Rotational Engineer Program is completed or a participant discovers an area of mutual interest, KCI with work to place successful participants into the discipline that aligns with their career goals and the company's engineering needs.
Experience• 3 months - 2 years of engineering experience, including internships, Co Ops, etc
• Experience interpreting engineering plans
• Strong customer service skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply critical thinking to problem solving
• Ability to travel to site/customer visits, field work, etc
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs on an occasional basis
• Must be able to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
• Some rotations may be out of state. Candidate should be willing to relocate for a period of 3 months (stipend for temporary housing and travel arrangements covered by KCI)
Skills• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Access/Project
• CADD, Microstation, Bentley BIM or similar software training
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referred• B.S. Engineering (Civil, Environmental or related area) or B.S/B.A degree with an Engineer-in-Training certification
• Passed or scheduled to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
OtherPre-employment drug testing is required as a condition of employment.
KCI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer//Veteran/Disabled