|Position Type||Full Time - Regular|
(1) Autodesk Revit design experience of electrical power and lighting systems is a critical requirement of this position.
(2) Working knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAD (in addition to Revit) is preferred.
(3) Work with KCI’s electrical engineering team in the design of power distribution, lighting, data, intrusion detection, and other special systems for commercial, institutional, military, and industrial facilities.
(4) Work within the budget constraints of individual projects and tasks.
(5) Coordinate with other disciplines and assist other disciplines where appropriate.
(6) Perform other duties as directed by the Team Leader, Project Manager, or Senior Design Staff.
The successful candidate will be based out of KCI's Harrisburg, PA Office, but will periodically work out of other KCI offices, including Harrisburg, PA.
Limited, but required. Periodic local travel is anticipated and is a requirement of the position. Over-night travel may occur, but infrequently. Incurred travel costs will be reimbursed in accordance with KCI’s travel policy.
ExperienceThe ideal candidate will be an aspiring Electrical Engineer with 0-3 years prior experience who has passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (e.g., “EIT”) exam or is in the process of obtaining their EIT.
Past experience working on multi-disciplinary teams, including a variety of building occupancy types, both new construction and additions/renovations.
SkillsMust have general knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit preferred. Good communication skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
The successful candidate should be familiar with the NEC, power distribution, lighting, and other electrical building system designs using Revit. Familiarity with load calculations, short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis and photometrics analysis is a plus.
Degrees / Licenses (R)equired – (P)referredDegree in Electrical Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited University.
OtherMust be a U.S. citizen. Ability to obtain a clearance.
Pre-employment drug testing is a condition of employment.